Learn the fundamentals of exercise in this 2 part workshop with CFES Course and Workshop Facilitator Bev McCallum.
Topics of discussion include:
– resistance training including types of equipment, programs and how to determine the correct type to fit your strength goals
– cardiovascular training and an explanation of what interval training is and whether or not High Intensity Interval Training is for you
– proper exercise progressions to keep you safe but challenged
– the minimum and maximum that you should be training
– general nutrition for the active person, pre and post workout foods, the importance of hydration
As a bonus, you will leave with your very own stretching routine.
WHEN: Mondays, September 24th and October 5th 6:45 to 8pm
WHERE: One Fitness & Yoga – 202 1323 102 Avenue Dawson Creek
COST: $32 for both ($18 for single session)
Secure your spot by pre-registering with Bev directly by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact us at email@example.com for more information.
We are pleased to offer a kids yoga class on Tuesdays at 3:15pm for children ages 6-9 years.
Clarise Handfield is a certified children’s yoga teacher with Rainbow Kids Yoga. Each week she will lead the group through mindful movement, breathing exercises and fun activities designed to assist them in managing stress & anxiety, building confidence and much more.
Classes will be offered in 6 week blocks for $60 plus gst per session and pre-registration is required.
Session 1 – Sept 18 to Oct 23
Session 2 – November 6 to December 11
Please contact the studio if you need other options or for ages outside of the 6-9 year range.
NOTE: This workshop is full. Please stay tuned for more great workshops and classes from Chelsea.
Lay YOUR Foundation – Level 1 with Chelsea Mottishaw
A 6 week series designed for those who want to (re)learn the basic principles of vinyasa / hatha yoga. No idea what those are? No problem! That is the whole goal of this series… to build body awareness, to develop stress relieving tools, to build a community, and to take time for you.
Each week we will work on the same yoga practice, just with a slightly different focus. This will allow yogis to build confidence in the basic asanas (poses) and pranayama (breathwork).
Click here for more information Event Registration